Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year

The last year had been pretty hard. Quite a roller coaster ride. Good things followed by sharp bad turns. Turns out that I was right all along- nothing is permanent, karma kicks your ass real hard and the only answer to this crazy cycle is to stop, breathe, take a step away, and watch it from stands.

What do I mean? Well- the sole way to be happy is to quit expecting things, quit getting attached and most importantly, quit being what people want you to be.

Bystanders are never left scathed by the fire of the track. It is the racers, hoping, dreaming and wishing who end up getting burnt by the heat of their desires. Oh, yes, and by that of the other racers as well. The faster you go, the harder you try, the closer you get to having your heart wrenched.

Loss is the one thing in the world that really cannot be compensated for.

Maybe it's time to let go.

This new year- I resolve to do just that.

Starting with the "easy" trivial things:

I resolve to eat healthier.
To exercise more.
To laugh harder.
And let no one claim me his own.

I resolve to be detached
Let nothing affect me- people, thing or circumstance.

To leave no word unsaid. To speak my mind, wear my heart on my sleeve.

I resolve to give in to pain.
To stop pretending that things are okay.
And let healing take its natural course.

I resolve to spend more time with my family.
Because they need me more than anyone else.

I resolve to change what I cannot accept and accept what I cannot change.
However, I also resolve not to forgive easily, and to always hold my own.

I resolve to feel better about myself.
Stop being so critical about how I look.
About how I feel.
And most of all, how others make me feel.

I resolve to discover the happiness in every moment.
A smile, the rain... or even just a nearby squirrel.
I resolve to stop and linger, instead of just passing the moment by.
It is the little things that truly make me happy.

I resolve to stop wanting, and watch things fall into place.
I resolve to stop searching and let my destiny find me.

A fly on the wall.
Just like you were.
So happy.

No comments: