Friday, March 18, 2011

Liberation

I am a wild horse that needs to be tamed.

Tamed before I can be of any use... like a piece of red hot iron moulded in a cast- I might burn you otherwise.

After all, only a secured horse can run the race.

I've been tame for so long that I'd forgotten what it was like to gallop, without a care in my head. To stop only when I want to... and then, move on. On that journey to nowhere, that quest for nothing, just a blissful unknown ahead.

Wild animals don't think twice.

And now when the reins have been lifted from my previously bridled mane, I am too free... to be me.
Like an ecstatic canine whose leash has been let go of.. I am delirious.

Sometimes, when this rush of freedom gets too heady for me to contain, I find myself longing to be saddled again.

Tame, and safe.

A belonging again.

No comments: